Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Rejection #1

I feel like a writer today. Today, i received my first rejection notice for the short story "weight issues" i wrote. I had submitted it a few weeks ago to Fantasy & Science Fiction magazine. I must say they were very quick on their turnaround from reading it to responding, only a few weeks.

While rejection is not fun, i don't mind too much. It was the first time i had tried to write a sci fi story. Its more of a humorous outlook on the future of earth with its current trend of eating itself to death. I tend to write darker stuff so when i wrote this it was fun, but definitely not my bread and butter.

Oh well, now i get to keep a file of my rejection notices. Thank you Mr. John Joseph Adams Assistant Editor of Fantasy & Science Fiction Magazine, today, you made me a writer!

3 comments:

Michael J. Kannengieser said...

Hi KC,
Congratulations on your first rejection. I remember sitting with Jay Nussbaum, the author of "The Blue Road to Atlantis" in Barnes & Noble, and he was kind enough to share some of his rejection stories. He pulled out a stack of letters from agents he had in a briefcase, and I saw that he was turned down by many of the same agents who also rejected me. It was then that I felt like a writer, and I belived I had joined an exclusive club where published authors and aspiring writers alike can shake their heads and laugh at the agent who let another one get away. Keep up with your writing and you'll go places. Thanks for sharing and good luck. -Mike.

KC Loomis said...

Thanks Mr Grudge for the support! i had hoped to start out my career on a lighter note, but heck i am sure everyone does...

Now atleast i have something in common with all famous writers... i have been rejected.. haha maybe my other 4 stories floating around will have better luck!

JenWriter said...

First rejection! Don't let it get you down. Trust me, I've gotten tons of these things. Just keep churning out the writing.